Friday, January 11, 2008

Human Rights in Canada

A story to watch. It says a lot about Canada's McCain-Feingold-on-steroids speech suppression laws.

In this instance, it's the Alberta Human Rights Wallaby Court* Star Chamber Commission.
*TOC refers to these tribunals as Wallaby Courts because calling them Kangaroo Courts grants too much respect.

My visit to a kangaroo court

Today at 2 p.m. I will appear before an Alberta "human rights officer" for an interrogation. I am being interrogated for the political crime of publishing the Danish cartoons in the Western Standard nearly two years ago.

As a lawyer, I've been in different courts and tribunals, but I've never experienced a kangaroo court first-hand. I will have a more comprehensive report later today. In the meantime, I leave you with three documents:

1. The hand-scrawled complaint filed against the magazine by a radical, Saudi-trained imam who has publicly called for sharia law to be imposed in Canada;

2. My response to that complaint; and

3. A look at those cartoons again.

As they say in Virginia, sic semper tyrannis!
RTWT and check out the links mentioned. It gives you a chance to review those murderous cartoons, too.

Good Luck, Mr. Levant. We'll look for updates.

No comments: