Thursday, June 04, 2015

Trust me

Our president is asking us to give him fast track authority to negotiate a wide-ranging trade agreement. This is the Solyndra-promoting, crony capitalist, “you didn’t build that” president. The same one who conspired with Big Pharma and health insurers on Obamacare.

Trust me, he says, the double-super-secret TPP “is the most progressive trade agenda in history,” as if that would be a good thing. Unfortunately, it’s likely to be much worse than that. If it’s so great, why do we have to pass it to find out what’s in it?

This is the same president who is conceding negotiating Iran’s right to have nuclear weapons.

This is a president who twice said, “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Trust him, if you want to. John Boehner and Mitch McConnell do.

I'd rather wait for a trustworthy president, however long that takes.

No comments: