Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Bill O’Reilly, ahistorical buffoon

I have my reservations about George Will’s political world view, but I respect his intellect and abilities. On policy, he would make a slightly better president than Jeb!.

I have no reservations about Bill O’Reilly. He is a populist buffoon on his best day. Whenever the hell that occurred.

O’Reilly is the only person I would nominate as more aggressive-narcissist than Donald Trump. Trump has a vastly better sense of humor and more self-awareness.

I know, I know… Trump self-aware? Well, think about the contenders here. Trump might be at 8 on a scale of 1 - 100: dimly cognizant of how his hair is combed. O’Reilly, unconscious even that a coherent political philosophy is a good thing, has a downside limited only by the fact I set the scale minimum at 1.

I exclude Barack Hussein Obama from this specific competition because his narcissism is whiny passive/aggressive.

Bias disclosed, I give you some insight into a dispute George Will (not alone) is having with O’Reilly, over O’Reilly’s fatuous book, Killing Reagan.

Will takes O’Reilly apart in two (so far) columns.

Bill O’Reilly slanders Ronald Reagan
Nov 5

Bill O’Reilly makes a mess of history
Nov 10

Another view. Not Will’s.
What Bill O’Reilly’s new book on Ronald Reagan gets wrong about Ronald Reagan
Oct 16

Will went on “The Factor” to discuss the book and his critical column. O’Reilly’s technique of shouting about irrelevance is illustrated. I find it just as despicable as a dozen of O’Reilly’s “interviews” I watched 15 years ago while figuring out what a vacuous, wind-blown, opportunist and deranged cretin he is.

At the link, scroll down a touch to the "WATCH:” heading.

No comments: